Monday 7 May 2012

Forged Steel Brooches For Summer Collection!

I have decided to create a summer collection. This will contain a selection of brooches and headpieces made from forged steel which will then be painted. I decided to do a summer collection to enhance my skills of the different finishes available for steel. I came to the conclusion of painting each piece in a pastel shade. Narrowing this down to pastel blue, pink, yellow and green. I came to these colours due to 2012's spring/summer fashion colour palette. It's all about pastels this year, and there is no better way to emphasise the femininity of my pieces than painting them in beautiful pastel colours!
With the designs and the making of these pieces I took a great deal of inspiration from English country flowers. To carry on with this fresh, feminine and summery concept I emphasised the fluidity of each piece and brought in more twists and spreads!!! I am so pleased with the shapes and the way each piece relates to the other.
These are photos of the pieces so far. I have not painted them yet as still hunting for the perfect paint and colour!! However once they are done I will post the photos!! Very excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment